Saturday 18 January 2014

Burgers on Portobello

Now, I know I may have said that Five Guys was the best burger in London. But oh how wrong I was.

Honest Burgers on Portobello. I almost don't need to say anymore, just go. All of you.



Buuuut I will continue rambling on because otherwise this would be a rather dull blog post.

My goodness, I almost don't even know where to begin when describing how incredibly perfect and mouth-wateringly delicious this burger was.

I'll give you a little sneak peak at the menu so you can choose in advance of visiting yourselves. Don't want to waste precious consumption time on faffing around with a menu now do you?!


May I just add that if you don't visit (and you live in London or close to it), I will be thoroughly disappointed in each and every one of you.

Alice and I started off with some of Honest's onion rings. Quite simply because both of us were dribbling too much, just at the smell of burgers, to sit a second longer without gorging on an incredibly calorific, yet completely worth it pre-dinner snack.


You remember Alice right?
If you don't she was my wonderful companion down in Sandbanks last summer.


Anyway, back to the burgers.

I'd recommend going for the Homemade Lemonade to drink, unless you're feeling the need for some alcohol, they're served in these awesome glass mugs with straws that just make you want to plaster images of them all over Tumblr. 


I ordered the Honest Burger.


Alice went for the Tribute. 


We both then proceeded to sit in silence whilst devouring the baskets of chips and burgers that had been placed in front of us.

By the end of meal it is fair to say neither of us could actually move properly but it was totally worth it.

Check out their website or follow them on Twitter to see their other locations around London. But most importantly get yourselves down there, because you'll be missing out until you do!

If you're dribbling by the end of this post then just wait to see what's coming up next. I will leave you with one word - pizza. 

5 comments:

  1. A really good adivce! I am actually going to London in the end of April with two friends, and I am so going to ask them if we should go to "Honest Burgers". :)

    // Linda from Uppsala, Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found out this restaurant is literally about 3 blocks away from where I am currently living! As a self proclaimed burger fanatic, I can not wait to try it out! Can't wait to here more recommendations! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I'm going to have to try this Honest Burger!
    I am not a fan of five guys though, I was going to recommend the next time you are in Covent Garden and want a burger you try Shake Shack (if you haven't already). A better alternative to Five Guys in my opinion. But my personal fav in Londres is Patty and Bun, just off Oxford Street. And there chicken Wing oh my goodness :)........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! And i agree Patty and Bun is delicious!

      Delete
  4. This sounds amaaaaaazinggg!!
    xx

    nicolabishopx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete