Friday 28 June 2013

The best ribs in the entire world

Something that has always confused me and probably will continue to baffle me is how on earth people can actually be vegetarian, especially when there are ribs in the world like the ones i'm about to introduce you to. I am a complete carnivore, I eat every type of meat and I love it as you can probably tell. 

Last night I was taken to Sam's Brasserie and Bar in Chiswick, and I experienced the best ribs I have ever tasted. They overtook the ones I ate with my best friend Imi whilst on a ski holiday in St Anton, which let me assure you were bloody good. 



Sam's Brasserie is located just off of Chiswick High Road in the Barley Mow centre. The menu offers a huge range of dishes so there is definitely something for everyone, whether you fancy a fish curry or a steak, it's there. And I have been told the fish curry is especially good for anyone who does fancy that.
However once I saw ribs on the menu I knew that was what I was going to have to order. And I was not in the slightest bit disappointed.



We ordered Cajun spiced calimari to share as a starter, and it looked so delicious and we were too busy chatting that I forgot to take a photo to share with you all before we demolished the lot. So you'll just have to trust me when I say it tasted just as good as it looked. 



Now for the main course, I actually wish you could all taste these ribs because they were so amazing. The two mini racks of ribs were coated in a sticky BBQ sauce and served with sweet potato mash and some sort of red cabbage which I didn't try because I was too full. 

Ribs were probably not the most elegant of dishes to choose on a date, but i'm sorry it had to be done. Just witness how good they looked... 



After we'd both finished our main course, we had to try the Sticky Toffee Pudding, simply to compare it to the one I told you about at Annie's . And yes that was the justification we gave ourselves for ordering a dessert. 



And i'm sad to say that whilst it was delicious, Annie's Sticky Toffee Pudding won by a fraction, but the toffee sauce here was exceptionally good. So maybe i'll call it a draw actually. 

After completely stuffing ourselves full we decided to call it a night and roll ourselves back home, overall an incredibly delicious date night and I would highly recommend this place to everyone, it's great. 

Good job Sam. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm vegetarian but I would be more than happy to change my mind for those ribs :D
    Can I steal your recipe for the treacle tarts you made for my blog because they were really good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not vegeterian but I'm not a big fan of ribs, but those look absolutly yummy! Makes me wanna give it them a try next time I'm in London! Keep up with your blog, I love it! You're doing an amazing job!

    http://www.carlysscloset.blogspot.com/

    Carly's Closet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica Puterman28 June 2013 at 13:53

    I agree! How can anyone really be a vegetarian when all of that delicious food is out there. But I need advice/help, how do you stay in such great shape?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh you were on a date with Finn Harries (from Jacksgap)!!
    His ring + Chiswick, good for you :)

    ReplyDelete